When you need to start replacing missing roof shingles you must consider the cost involved. This project won’t seem like any fun front the outset, but it doesn’t have to be as painful as you might imagine. This is great news because you don’t want to let this roof repair project make you feel so stressed that you put it off for too long. Doing so can cause even bigger problems since your roof is what protects your home and family from the elements. When you’re missing shingles, your roof becomes quite vulnerable.
Why you Shouldn’t Neglect Missing Shingles
Your roof tends to be an out-of-sight-out-of-mind issue for many homeowners. However, when you have missing roof shingles there are some important reasons why you need to get it fixed soon:
- When rain water seeps into your roof it can cause major problems – including soaked insulation and a weakened structure (which can cause roof cracks, caving, and wall breakage). It can also negatively impact your home’s foundation and structural beams.
- It only takes damage to a small part of your room for the average rainfall to soak the layers between your roof’s exposed sections.
- Dry, hot air and changing temperatures can stretch and wear down weatherproofing and layers of adhesive beneath the tiles of your roof causing them to lose their ability to protect your home.
How to Ensure Your Home Is Safe When You Have Missing Shingles
It’s important to have roof repair work done on your shingle roof as soon as possible to make sure that your home remains a safe and secure dwelling for you and your family. There are some quick, easy ways to do this so your home doesn’t suffer from further damage. However, you shouldn’t try to climb up on your shingle roof and do these things yourself – it’s dangerous because you probably don’t have the proper equipment or expertise to do these repairs safely. Hiring an expert is a better option because you’ll get the job done safely and quickly. Professionals can also identify issues you can’t and when you’re missing shingles, there are usually other issues present.
How to Replace Missing Roof Shingles
Safety is just one of the main concerns you need to remember when making a roof repair. Others include:
- Don’t use superficial “band-aids” like patches that don’t deal with the root of the problem. They won’t last long and can cause more harm to your home’s structure.
- Hire a roofing expert who knows how to do the job correctly.
- Never delay fixing your shingle roof. The longer you wait, the more serious your home’s damage will become.
Remember, your shingle roof plays an integral part in your home. Not only does it keep you and your family dry and warm, but it also holds the rest of your house together. Clearly, making a roof repair to your shingle roof is a job you should leave up to the experts. With this in mind, give Done Rite Roofing a call. They have the answers and solutions you need.